Design Engineer - Mechanical Or Mechatronic In Adelaide Airport
Adelaide Airport, SA
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will provide engineering services = in the design, co-ordination & management of technical aspects within complex R&D projects to ensure objectives are met with quality, schedule and budget. This is a broad, end to end position giving you exposure with developing concept and detailed design outputs, specifications, procurement and full scale production on a global scale from Adelaide.
Key elements of the role:
- Working effectively in a team environment with support from experienced engineers
- Develop and facilitate delivery of engineering designs
- Undertake engineering calculations and develop specifications
- Document designs and specifications including 3D modelling, manufacturing drawings, process specifications, DFMEA and risk assessments.
- Analyse test results, prepare detailed reports and recommendation documentation.
- Development of product & site support literature.
- Working within project timelines & budgets.
The suitable candidate will posses the following:
- Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering
- Experience with 3D CAD modelling, ideally using Creo and an understanding of PLM systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that will enable effective communication with all levels of the business.
- An understanding of drawing standards and geometric tolerancing.
- Knowledge of materials and surface treatments.
- Experience working to Australian and International design standards
- Understanding of hydraulic systems, hydraulics design experience will be looked upon favourably
- Flexibility to occasionally travel to mine sites as required
This position would suit and up and coming engineer with some baseline experience but with some existing knowledge to add to a supportive team and is open to learning.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to and provided with further information including job description, project & company/team details.
To apply for the role, please click on apply to submit your CV. For a confidential discussion, please contact Clayton Colbert, Technical Engineering Specialist from Randstad on 8150 7000.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: