Reporting to the Manager - Reporting and Compliance, the Senior Accountant - Reporting and Compliance is responsible for ensuring the accurate, compliant and timely delivery of statutory financial, board reporting requirements and DFRS (Caterpillar Reporting). This position will work closely with the wider Finance team (WA & NSW dealerships), the SGH finance team, Caterpillar representatives and the external auditors to prepare and deliver all external reporting requirements of the organisation as well as in-depth analysis and KPI continuous improvement. The Senior Accountant Reporting and Compliance is an integral position within the reporting and compliance team. This position will provide support to the Manager Reporting and Compliance as required, provide technical support to subsidiary finance officers as well as to the company, and develop the reporting requirements of the department. Key Accountabilities Include:
- Compile, consolidate and analyse various work papers and reports from the Group's business areas to enable the production of accurate monthly Board Reporting and commentary
- Produce audited half-year and annual special purpose Financial Accounts for single entity, statutory consolidation as well as covenant consolidated accounts for lenders.
- Manage the audit requirement list during half year reviews and full year audit.
- Consolidation and review of corporate budget and analyse monthly variances.
- Produce and analyse ad-hoc Financial and Operational reports
- Review transactions and ensure that Statutory Accounting standards are adhered to
- Apply an advanced understanding of both the organisation and Accounting standards to assess the potential impacts of new and revised standards for financial reporting. Communicate any changes to the business to ensure compliance with Group Accountings standards.
- Consolidate monthly P&L reporting template and perform in-depth analysis to understand key drivers for movements and variances to budget.
- Consolidate monthly group financial statements in BPC system.
- Partner with the wider finance teams to understand factors impacting the financial result, communicate and explain underlying financial drivers to the Leadership group.
- Understand FBT requirements and assist with the compilation of information for FBT returns
- Tertiary Accounting degree with a minimum of 5 years financial accounting experience post qualification within a large organisation
- Chartered Accountant qualified (or equivalent)
- Strong technical understanding of accounting standards
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal), including consultation, negotiation and facilitation skills to effectively liaise with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet objectives
- To be a team player but also possess the ability to work autonomously
- Advanced excel skills
- SAP working knowledge
- BPC working knowledge
- WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline membership, motor vehicle etc
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Refer a friend program - work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- Discounted CAT products
- Discounted health insurance
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: