Senior Practitioner - Fifo
Government of South Australia
Coober Pedy, SA
Child Protection Job reference: 373791 Location: 5723 - COOBER PEDY, - VARIOUS - Job status: Ongoing Eligibility: Open to Everyone Eligibility: External Vacancy - Open to Everyone Status: Ongoing Full time Vacancy Available Location: APY Lands & Coober Pedy Remuneration: AHP2 ($83,152 - $96,329 per annum) The Region The Department for Child Protection is currently seeking a Senior Practitioner to provide high quality support and practice expertise within the Coober Pedy / APY Lands region. The region provides various services to children, young people and their families within South Australia and works to support vulnerable children and young people to be safe, strong and connected. The Opportunity This opportunity is FIFO. You will be required to fly on rotational roster, 8 days on and 6 days off, to APY Lands – Umuwa Base and Coober Pedy. In this role you will contribute to the development of technical competence of Social Workers and Consult with Social Workers, Psychologists, Principal Social Workers, Principal Aboriginal Consultants, Aboriginal Family Practitioners and Supervisors regarding professional practice and cultural issues, departmental policies, procedures, legislation and staff development needs. Key components of the role include: The role is accountable to the Supervisor for:
- Enhancing Social Worker capacity and principles of social work practice by providing support and practice expertise, fostering good working and reporting relationships whilst providing consultation, advice and training to DCP, Government and non-government agencies and workers, including practice development of workers and quality assurance through providing advice on improvements to service delivery
- Promoting the programs of the department and assisting in the further development of social work knowledge and practice
- Attractive remuneration package, 32% allowance
- Meal allowance inclusive
- Flights supplied from Adelaide return
- Fortnightly roster - Fly out Tuesday and return following Tuesday, eight days on and six days off.
- A degree level qualification in Social Work which gives eligibility for full membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- If you have any queries relating to your current qualification, please do contact the enquiry person.
- Require to undertake 4wd training and be confident travel dirt roads/long distances in terrain that is very remote.
- Required to fly on rotational roster, 8 days on and 6 days off, to APY Lands – Umuwa Base and Coober Pedy.
- Supervisor and team required to live in shared accommodation.
- A current remote first aid certificate is essential.
- Intrastate travel in a small aircraft on a regular basis will be required.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: