Business Support Officer / Support Worker - Fifo
Government of South Australia
Coober Pedy, SA
Child Protection Job reference: 373796 Location: 5723 - COOBER PEDY, - VARIOUS - Job status: Long Term Contract Eligibility: Open to Everyone Eligibility: External Vacancy - Open to Everyone Status: Term Full time Vacancy Available Location: APY Lands / Coober Pedy Remuneration: ASO2 ($55,315 - $59,503 per annum) / OPS2 ($55,315 - $59,503 per annum) The Region The Department for Child Protection is currently seeking a Business Support Officer / Support Worker within the Coober Pedy / APY Lands region. The region provides various services to children, young people and their families within South Australia and works to support vulnerable children and young people to be safe, strong and connected. The Opportunity This opportunity is FIFO. You will be required to fly on a rotational roster, 8 days on and 6 days off, to APY Lands – Umuwa Base and Coober Pedy. Key components of the role include: The Business Support Officer / Support Worker - FIFO is accountable to the Supervisor/ Business Manager for:
- Providing administrative, finance, human resources and information and facilities support
- Maintaining and enhancing positive relationships between children and their birth families and assisting the Social Worker to provide an efficient client service
- Maintaining staff records, preparing reports, minutes and employment contract letters, providing advice on a range of personnel procedures and related issues and liaising with the Business Manager
- Sensitively handling requests for assistance by clients who may be emotionally upset and have challenging behaviour over the telephone and undertaking research and preparing appropriate responses
- Attractive remuneration package, 32% allowance
- Meal allowance inclusive
- Flights supplied from Adelaide return
- Fortnightly roster - Fly out Tuesday and return following Tuesday, eight days on and six days off.
- Require to undertake 4wd training and be confident travel dirt roads/long distances in terrain that is very remote.
- Required to fly on rotational roster, 8 days on and 6 days off, to APY Lands – Umuwa Base and Coober Pedy.
- Supervisor and team required to live in shared accommodation.
- A current remote first aid certificate is essential.
- Intrastate travel in a small aircraft on a regular basis will be required.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: