Canberra Airport, ACT
The role is to support our key life critical application NEXUS. NEXUS is used by the department for Response division to help coordinate assets in *... The role is to support our key life critical application NEXUS. NEXUS is used by the department for Response division to help coordinate assets in maritime and aviation search and rescue incidents. Nexus is the Joint Rescue Coordination Centre's (JRCC) information management system. It provides a consistent and flexible way of managing the information passed in and out of the JRCC. It provides tools for operators to manage its information in an efficient, robust way, utilising a server, software framework, operational workstations, computer telephony and large electronic wall displays. Nexus is designed to support the way the JRCC works. The purpose of Nexus is to: * Track and record the status of all JRCC incidents for Aviation, Maritime and general search and rescue (SAR) incidents Selection Criteria:
- At least 8 years Java experience, enterprise design patterns, JPA, JEE an advantage, reactive programming an advantage. Web service development, SOAP and REST APIs.
- Maven lifecycle management, Continuous Integration, Unit and System Integration testing.
- Major database experience, including data modelling, stored procedures. Oracle preferred.
- Unix/Linux, Bash. AWS development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to be 24x7 on-call. On average one call a fortnight for the backend dev team. Historically calls escalated to the dev team between 10pm and 6am are rare (one per year).
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: