Canberra Airport, ACT
ACT Location - Federal Government Client As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals. Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage a Java Developer on a contract for 12 months, with potential extensions of 2X 12 months. Position Overview: These roles support our key life critical application NEXUS. NEXUS is used by one of client's division to help coordinate assets in maritime and aviation search and rescue incidents. Nexus is the client's information management system. It provides a consistent and flexible way of managing the information passed in and out of the client. It provides tools for operators to manage its information in an efficient, robust way, utilising a server, software framework, operational workstations, computer telephony and large electronic wall displays. Nexus is designed to support the way the client works. The purpose of Nexus is to:
- Track and record the status of all incidents for client and general search and rescue (SAR) incidents
- Capture statistics and performance indicators required for the efficient management of the client portal
- Obtain data on SAR equipment loaded and deployed
- Provide administrative and financial information
- Provide input to monthly reporting
- Provide data to assist in ad-hoc inquiries.
- View potential data for an incident on maps
- Find potential sites based on set criteria
- Analyse locations The Nexus Wall Display - is an application running on Nexus image servers which is responsible for loading/maintaining content display on the large VD Boards located in the site. Nexus from a development perspective is more aptly described as an ecosystem of applications that support the above business functions with a JAVA back end and a .NET front end. Satellite communications, messaging, asset, drift detection and prediction and application health monitoring are just some of the components these roles will be required to support.
- The successful candidate will be required to have (or be able to obtain and maintain) a Baseline security clearance
- At least 8 years Java experience, enterprise design patterns, JPA, JEE an advantage, reactive programming an advantage. Web service development, SOAP and REST APIs.
- Maven lifecycle management, Continuous Integration, Unit and System Integration testing.
- Major database experience, including data modelling, stored procedures. Oracle preferred.
- Unix/Linux, Bash.
- AWS development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to be 24x7 on-call. On average one call a fortnight for the backend
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: