Thales Australia Limited
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
The Thales Australia Maritime business offers ship repair services, maintenance and asset management / in-service support capabilities for commercial and naval ships in Australia.
- Utilise your naval architecture background to support diverse projects for both of Naval and commercial customers
- Perform design tasks and analyses appropriate to individual experience and specialised knowledge in Naval Architecture
- Plan operations and or processes required to complete allocated design tasks, including estimation of requirements of staffing, material costs and quantities
- Leverage your technical strengths to perform a variety of design tasks and ensure schedule adherence
- Review and approve design/maintenance changes and complete regular report writing
- Ensure maintenance schedules are supported and other ad hoc tasks are managed appropriately
- Maintain a high level of communication with all relevant technical partners
- Tertiary qualification as a Naval Architect (or similar) coupled with demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated knowledge of class societies, experience in Finite Element Analysis and relevant design standards
- Well-developed understanding of hull structural design, interpretation of rule requirements.
- Well-developed design and drafting skills and experience in the use of CAD packages
- Proven ability to interpret technical drawings, produce reports and operate with an eye for detail
- Well-developed communication and team skills with a dedicated approach to meeting customer requirements
- Experience in requirements management and DOORS software an advantage.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, please visit http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: