Area Sales Manager
- B2B commercial sales into Mining, Aviation and Large Road Transport
- Develop new business opportunities and planned sales pipeline growth
- Autonomous role, use your Trade qualification to open new doors
At Ampol, sustaining success hasn’t come by chance. Our business is dynamic and often technical , and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions in complex, often diverse operating environments. We’ve fuelled our success by embracing change and having the courage to transform, and we continue to evolve to keep Australia moving.
About The Role
Owning existing and developing new commercial business relationships in Western Australia, the Area Sales Manager, B2B Commercial will sell the full range of Ampol products including bulk fuel, card and lubricants to large industry clients including those in Mining, Construction Services and Road Transport.
Reporting to the Commercial Sales Manager, this role has a focus on Sales Account Management of existing business (80% focus) and includes a Business Development opportunity into new clients to meet our stretch targets for portfolio growth (20% focus).
As the Area Sales Manager, Commercial you’ll take us further by:
- Being an enthusiastic and energetic sales professional, you will strengthen key stakeholder relationships and create deeper value through the application of your strong understanding of contract negotiation and product knowledge
- Using your Business Development experience to identify and target new opportunities and maintain a sales pipeline designed to deliver planned business growth
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or Economics or a related Technical Trade qualification in Mechanics preferred
- Minimum 5+ years experience in a sales role within Manufacturing, Mining, Oil & Gas or B2B Distribution
- Demonstrated sales and relationship management skills including contract negotiation
- Strong business development experience and the ability to show business sector growth opportunities and pipeline management of complex commercial customers
- Ability to work independently and autonomously with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Challenging ourselves to be more commercially mindful and working with credible experts to drive a safe and reliable business through finding solutions to complex problems
- Embracing what makes you unique and leveraging your individual strengths where diverse experience and backgrounds are valued
- Welcoming you to our Commercial Sales Team whereby unveiling new ideas, questioning the norm, or solving complex problems we are tasked with making an impact on the business that will take us into the future
- Employing your understanding of the Energy, Oil or Industrial Automotive sectors to further develop key stakeholder relationships
- Flexible work options, including working from home arrangements
- Career development opportunities
- BabyCare Package (including a BabyCare bonus)
- Employee Share Scheme
- Ampol 25% fuel discount
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today.
Applications will be reviewed w/c 8 March 2021.
Thank you to our Agency Partners for your interest; we are not accepting prospective CV's at this time.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: