Rural Health West Recruitment
- An exciting opportunity exists for a Paediatric/Antenatal Dietitian with health promotion experience to join a leading not-for-profit primary health organisation in Kununurra.
You will be responsible for delivering community nutrition services including project work, staff upskilling, community consultation, group education and clinical services across the East Kimberley. This is an established program that meets community needs through delivering client-centred, culturally appropriate services whilst working to raise public awareness of nutrition-related health concerns and paediatric dietetic services through community-specific, culturally appropriate channels. You will also be required to plan, implement and evaluate a comprehensive high-level paediatric and dietetic service to a wide variety of clients and provide high level advice and paediatric nutrition consultancy for operational managers and other stakeholders within East Kimberley Region.
- Tertiary degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and be eligible to hold Accredited Practising Dietician(APD) credential from the DAA
- Comprehensive knowledge, skills and experience in delivering clinical paediatric dietetic services and demonstrated ability to exercise clinical judgement and prioritise caseloads across multiple health sites
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of effective health promotion strategies and experience in planning, implementing, and evaluating nutrition health promotion activities in response to identified local needs
- Experience working in remote area, Indigenous communities including capacity building of local Indigenous staff and working in partnership with communities underpinned by a strong commitment to culturally safe practice
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to travel by 4WD and light aircraft, with overnight stays in remote communities during scheduled visits
- Full time position with competitive remuneration of $97910-$105254
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Salary packaging up to $30,000 per annum
- Funded professional development opportunities (up to $4000 per annum) with 5 days professional development leave
- 6 weeks annual leave
The Kimberley is located in the north-west region of Western Australia. It covers an area of 421,451 square kilometres, an area three times the size of England, but is home to only 35,748 people. A relatively high proportion of the residents are Aboriginal Australians. The population swells seasonally with an influx of tourists and a mobile working population.
The major towns of the Kimberley include Broome and Derby on the west coast, with Kununurra and Wyndham in the east. Within this vast landscape there is a huge diversity of scenery to be explored and adventures to be experienced. Broome enjoys a laid-back tropical ambience whilst the ranges of the East Kimberley showcase the awe-inspiring grandeur and beauty that nature has created. Venturing into this land imparts a unique sense of connection with an ancient and unspoiled part of Australia. Travels across the Kimberley will yield tropical beaches, rugged ranges, spectacular gorges, waterfalls, caves, pockets of lush rainforest and an astounding variety of wildlife.
The region has a thriving economy, based on both tourism and the richness of its natural resources. It enjoys regular commercial flights from Perth and interstate capital cities. The Kimberley has a tropical summer and dry winter and this diverse climate changes the landscape from season to season.
There are approximately 70 general practitioners including GP registrars in the region, nine in private practice, 33 in Aboriginal Medical Services, two in the Royal Flying Doctor Service and 26 hospital based general practitioners.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: