Lecturer - Conservation And Land Management
Lecturer - Conservation and Land Management
Salary range $94,618 - $112,360 + 10% super (Academic Level B). Fixed term -2 years.
Position Number: 14544
The Lecturer Conservation and Land Management is responsible for the delivery of quality Vocational Education and Training (VET) within the context of Batchelor Institute's role as Australia's leading First Nations Tertiary Education and Research provider.
VET Lecturer positions within Batchelor Institute are aligned to the IBSA VET Practitioner Capability Framework adapted to the Batchelor Institute context.
The Lecturer Conservation and Land Management is responsible for the development and delivery of innovative VET programs underpinned by the Batchelor Institute Both-ways principles of practice within the areas of Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management.
In addition, the lecturer - Conservation and Land Management will assist the Senior Lecturer - Conservation and Land Management with particular duties:
- Teaching, management and facilitation of culturally appropriate training and learning activities;
- Student assessments, maintenance of student records, supervision of students, and monitoring student progression;
- Liaison with students and industry partners;
- Participate in activities and all requirements of the Department of Commerce and Industry, VET Services.
- Development of appropriate teaching resources and assessment materials.
Essential selection criteria
Applicants must demonstrate they are able to undertake the responsibilities of the position as contained in the position overview and are able to meet the following Key Selection Criteria:
Qualifications and Licensing
The successful candidate must possess a relevant vocational qualification at the diploma or degree level combined with a minimum of 3 years Industry/professional/vocational experience.
The successful applicant will hold:
- The minimum vocational teaching qualification Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116 (or equivalent) and/or Diploma or higher level qualification in adult education.
- The Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card)
- Relevant current skills and licenses’ relevant to the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management industry areas.
- Qualifications in English as a Second Language or Adult Education
- Demonstrated experience in the use of equipment and machinery regularly utilised in the industry. For example, chainsaws, chemical application equipment, fire-fighting equipment, power tools, machinery, GPS and cybertracker units.
Domains of Work
Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in Vocational Education and Training, including managing student progression that will enable vocational training and education programs in the relevant teaching areas to be researched, prepared, delivered, assessed, evaluated and administered in a variety of contexts, including remote contexts and workplace delivery, with reference to the above Domains of Work requirements.
Demonstrated personal and interpersonal skills for working effectively as a team member to achieve outcomes within an Aboriginal Vocational and Training contexts as per the above Skill Areas requirements.
Working with Aboriginal people
Knowledge of the social, political, historical and cultural environments of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as relevant to Vocational Education and Training, and demonstrated capacity to work effectively and communicate appropriately with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, communities, organisations and staff members.
VET Management and Administration
Demonstrated understanding of and ability to comply with VET management and administration policies, procedures and business rules
- Must be able to undertake travel throughout the Northern Territory by land, sea and air (eg. in a light aircraft), possess a Northern Territory ‘C’ class driver’s licence with experience driving on unformed roads, and be prepared to stay in a range of accommodation and in various environmental settings available to the Batchelor Institute staff.
- Must have working with children card (OCHRE card).
- Possess a Current criminal history check or the ability to obtain one.
Legislation and regulatory requirements
Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and practices, and ability to comply with Institute WHS Policies and Procedures.
- Certified copies of qualifications and evidence of experience MUST be submitted.
- A Staff Skills Matrix must be completed and endorsed by the Institute prior to an employment contract being offered.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: