Public Safety Business Agency
Brisbane City, QLD
Are you looking to join a dynamic team where you can utilise your aeronautical knowledge and experience?
QGAir delivers high quality services and support for life saving, community safety and state support aviation services to the people and government of Queensland.
The QGAir Fixed Wing fleet consists of six fixed wing aircraft with bases at Brisbane, Cairns, Mt Isa, and Horn Island.
Our employees are highly motivated, self-driven leaders who understand our business and are committed to delivering exceptional service to our customers. Strong problem-solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills, a clear customer focus, positive work ethic and safety culture are desired attributes.
Job Type: Permanent
Position Type: Flexible-full-time
Location: Brisbane - North
Yearly Salary: $89625 - $89668
Contact Name: Mary Rosales
Closing Date: 09-MAR-21
Your part in the ongoing success of our business, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including:
- Coordinate operations in compliance with, QGAir operations manuals, Safety and Fatigue Management Systems, Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regulations and other relevant Commonwealth legislation.
- Coordinate flight requests and approvals directly with Queensland Governor's Office, Department of Premier and Cabinet, Queensland Health - Donate Life, Queensland Police Service, Queensland Corrective Services and other partner agencies as required.
- Manage prisoner to escort ratio and seating allocation in compliance with QGAir and QPS operations manual, and escalate risks and exceptions to the Principal Operations Coordinator (Fixed Wing).
- Manage aircraft ground operations including positioning and refuelling of aircraft, passenger and freight weight distribution, supervision of passengers on the tarmac, loading and unloading aircraft freight, and aircraft engine start using ground power equipment.
- Coordinate air movements, catering, fuel, security, parking and pavement concessions for QGAir flights, including the processing of Customs and AQIS declarations for international departures, passenger and freight manifest and trim sheet.
- Produce data and reports, pre and post flight administration and other duties as required in support of QGAir flight operations.
Highly desirable skills/requirements
- Possession of certification in Dangerous Goods by Air Transport - Awareness.
- Current ASIC
- CASA Flight Radio Telephone Licence
- Airside Driving Permit
- Experience in flight operations support, rostering and scheduling.
In choosing the right person for this role we will consider what you have done previously - the knowledge, skills and experience you've built, your potential for development, and your personal qualities.
Applications to remain current for 12 months
Job Ad Reference: QLD/365181/21
Closing Date: Tuesday, 09 March 2021
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: