Fixed Wing Pilot
Public Safety Business Agency
Brisbane City, QLD
Are you a qualified Pilot with a passion for flying and be part of an organisation involved in the transportation of Queensland Government dignitaries, organ retrieval missions for DonateLife and the transportation of persons in custody?
The QGAir Fixed Wing fleet consists of six fixed wing aircraft with bases at Brisbane, Cairns, Mt Isa, and Horn Island.
QGAir delivers high quality services and support for life saving, community safety and state support aviation services to the people and government of Queensland.
Our pilots are highly motivated, self-driven leaders who understand our business and are committed to delivering exceptional service to our customers. Strong problem-solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills, a clear customer focus, positive work ethic and safety culture are desired attributes.
Job Type: Contract
Position Type: Flexible-full-time
Location: Brisbane - North
Yearly Salary: $130961 - $130961
Contact Name: Mary Rosales
Closing Date: 09-MAR-21
Your part in the ongoing success of our business, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including:
- Utilise extensive aeronautical knowledge and experience to ensure compliance with Crew Resource Management (CRM) procedures, maintain flight and safety standards in compliance with the QGAir Fixed Wing Operations Manual suite.
- Fly single pilot and/or two-pilot aircraft under instrument flight rules (IFR), to support the Queensland Government deliver frontline services.
- Deploy, coordinate, undertake and support operational duties during emergencies and disasters as necessary.
- Perform a range of nominated support duties as directed to support the operations of Queensland Government Air.
- Possession of Australian Air Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) or Australian Commercial Pilots Licence (CPL) plus ATPL Subjects
- Minimum 3000 hours total time Aeroplane.
- Minimum 2000 hours of Pilot in Command (PIC) Aeroplane.
- Minimum 500 hours Multi Engine Aeroplane.
- Minimum 500 hours Multi-crew Operations
- Command Instrument Rating (Multi-Engine Aeroplane)
- Current Class 1 medical.
Highly desirable skills/requirements
- Ability to relocate to the Brisbane area for the period of employment
- Previous Training/Checking Experience
- Flight Examiner Rating
- Command Endorsement/Type Rating and experience on the following aircraft:
o Beechcraft King Air 200/350 and/or
o Beechcraft Hawker 850 and/or
o Cessna C208.
In compliance with CASA Drug and Alcohol Management Plan requirements the preferred applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment testing and to participate in the QGAir Drug and Alcohol Management Program.
In choosing the right person for this role we will consider the knowledge, skills and experience you've built, your potential for development, and your personal qualities.
Applications to remain current for 12 months
Job Ad Reference: QLD/365134/21
Closing Date: Tuesday, 09 March 2021
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: