Teacher - Secondary Essential English And Humanities - Western Cape College
QUEENSLAND GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Rocky Point, QLD
Western Cape College
An exciting opportunity exists for a vibrant, energetic and fun-loving Secondary Essential English and Humanities teacher to join the teaching team at the Western Cape College’s Weipa campus for 2021. You’ll be resourceful, resilient and ready to embrace challenges and triumphs teaching in a remote school brings. This is a temporary full-time position through to December 2021.
Position status Fixed Term Temporary
Position type Full-time
Occupational group Education & Training
Workplace Location Cairns region,Far North Qld
Job ad reference QLD/369631
Closing date 10-Dec-2021
Yearly salary $63350 - $95356
Job duration 19 April 2021 until 3 December 2021 unless otherwise determined
Contact person Dan Tonon
Contact details 0429941230
Access the National Relay Service
We invite applications from Secondary Essential English and Humanities teachers for this temporary, full time position until December 2021.
Welcome to Western Cape College
The Western Cape College is a unique state school with two campuses located in Mapoon (P-6), and Weipa (P-12), as well as a secondary residential facility also located in Weipa. Each Campus is set in its own amazing cultural, social and geographical environment, spread over a vast area of the Cape York Peninsula in Far North Queensland.
As the largest P-12 school in the Cape, we have an important role to play in supporting and continuing to lead innovative practices with Indigenous and Remote Education. Western Cape College captures our values as four pillars that guide our everyday work, strategic decisions and service delivery –
- Know our students
- Teachers make the difference
- Many communities - one College
- K-12 college advantage
Explore our website to learn more about working at Western Cape College. Additionally, to experience everything Weipa has to offer, we encourage interested applicants to view the following You Tube clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh4GtO8eOjc
What's in it for you?
- A highly attractive remuneration package, generous superannuation, salary sacrificing options and leave loading
- Additional financial benefits under the Remote Area Incentive Scheme apply to this location
- Relocation assistance and subsidised departmental accommodation is dependant on candidates requirements.
- A broad range of professional development opportunities
Living in Weipa
Weipa is a vibrant coastal community and forms part of the Western Cape York Peninsula, an area rich in geographical beauty and cultural heritage. Located 800km from Cairns by road, and only 200km from the northern tip of the Cape, Weipa is the ideal base for exploring all the region has to offer. Road access to Weipa and beyond is via the Peninsula Developmental Road which is unsealed, and during the wet season may be closed for extended periods.
Qantaslink provides daily flights out of both Cairns and Brisbane to Weipa, and Skytrans also provides regular passenger service. A twice weekly barge service operates between Cairns and Weipa year round for freight transport. Considering its remote location, the township of Weipa has access to a great range of essential services and lifestyle facilities including sports and recreation, community space, health services, shopping and retail, commercial services and trade. You can find more comprehensive information on life in Weipa here.
Applicants for this position must possess:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland.
- Pre-service/graduate teachers must have been granted provisional registration prior to commencing employment as a teacher.
- An active application for teacher employment lodged online via the Teach Queensland website
In addition to registration, teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services.
TO APPLY FOR THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY:
- Read the attached Role Description
- Attach a brief resume, contact details for two referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor) and a maximum one page written response outlining the skills and knowledge you will bring to the role.
- Pre-Service & Beginning Teachers are encouraged to supply their most recent practicum report and academic transcript for the last completed study period (unofficial is fine).
**The Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found**
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Applicants are to apply online and supply all requested documentation. Applications may be used to fill other similar vacancies and will remain current for up to 12 months. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: