Software Development Engineer Ii - Frontend
Brisbane Grove, NSW
At Expedia, we believe in helping millions of travellers find that ideal destination, phenomenal place to stay and cool activity to make their trip a life experience. At the heart of this is Expedia’s Lodging Shopping team dedicated to solving problems for travellers on their journey. Our team is spread across the world with engineers, designers and product managers from diverse backgrounds working in unison to achieve a cohesive experience.
Our team is building a cutting-edge lodging shopping platform to allow a diverse set of customers to explore hotels, vacation rentals, resorts, and more in order to find their ultimate travel destination! We build and refine experiences that allow retail customers to search and explore details about properties. These experiences are powered by a wide range of APIs and capability services that we build to operate at scale. We also leverage our APIs to serve many complex travel use cases and help external partners build customised solutions. Our entire infrastructure handles millions of requests per minute which requires scalability, reliability and high performance to ensure the best customer experience. Our platform serves customers on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices on Expedia sites and through a variety of partners
What You'll Do
- We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to design, and build front-end web clients within our hotel shopping experience.
- Work closely with engineering, user experience, analytics and product teams to understand customer problems, research and collaborate on technical solutions, and thrive in creative endeavours to deliver solutions to our customers.
- Build robust and ground-breaking user experiences, thoughtfully utilising our UI technologies - React, Webpack, Typescript, GraphQL, NodeJS, and more - to craft a scalable and performant UI platform that will use shared and extensible components across our sites.
- You have 2+ years of experience, during which you’ve built and maintained web apps in production environments.
- You thrive in the details of front-end development - having experience developing sophisticated and scalable UIs using modern frameworks like React. Strong experience with NodeJS and familiarity with GraphQL, Typescript, and Webpack will be assets for this opportunity.
- Experience crafting inclusive products with an accessibility-first approach.
- You’ve shown good judgement around delivering features to customers while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, adaptive and responsible way.
- You are willing to push back and question decision making, while also welcoming the opportunity to learn and improve.
- Exposure to unit testing and UI automation test frameworks is highly regarded.
- Full stack experience, or an understanding of backend APIs and their development would be a bonus for the role. Our back-end stack utilises Java, Kotlin, Spring, REST, and gRPC.
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms such as Docker and Amazon Web Services (AWS) considered a bonus.
Collectively, Expedia Group cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best flight seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia Group portfolio serves both leisure and business travellers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit the company website to learn more about our travel brands.
Our benefits include leisure travel reimbursement, travel discounts, wellness reimbursement, new parent benefits, and more. See details here.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: