System Safety Sme
Brisbane Grove, NSW
It’s only impossible – until you do it at Northrop Grumman
Wherever the boundaries of possible are being pushed, Northrop Grumman is there. We solve the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defence and cyberspace and have supported critical defence and civil programs in Australia for over 20 years.
Backed by a global team of over 90,000, our 800+ Australian employees design, develop, build and support some of the world’s most advanced products, from cutting-edge aircraft and next-generation spacecraft to unrivalled cyber security systems and all-seeing radars.
The System Safety SME resides within Northrop Grumman Australia’s (NGA’s) Head Office Engineering Function, and provides system safety related leadership, guidance and coordination across the NGA business, captures and projects.
The position holds accountability for developing, maintaining and monitoring the NGA System Safety Management Framework. In performing this role, the System Safety SME will work under guidance of the Manager – Engineering Capabilities within the NGA Head Office Engineering Function and is responsible developing and maintaining close relationships with safety and engineering leads across the NGA business to ensure consistent implementation and adoption of the System Safety Management Framework.
This position can be based in either Brisbane or Canberra.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide system safety engineering expertise and resource to business development, capture, project and sustainment activities that require system safety support.
- Develop and deploy a systems safety framework and implementing manual that integrates Northrop Grumman Procedure and Operating Practices requirements, with Australian legislation, policy and customer expectations.
- Working with a diverse stakeholder group across a variety of projects and business operations.
- Contribute to development and monitoring of engineering performance metrics and support targeted engineering reviews of projects, captures and business operations as required.
- Support NGA Engineering Management System coordination, training and education across NGA and broader stakeholder organisations as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Tertiary qualified Engineer.
- General knowledge of the Australian legislative and policy requirements and their impact on system safety engineering.
- Broad understanding of System Safety best practice approaches across Defence industry.
- Knowledge of relevant System Safety Standards.
- Experience in developing, documenting and/or implementing system safety programs and frameworks.
- Must be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance (NV1).
Why Northrop Grumman?
Our Values represent what is important to us at Northrop Grumman and are integrated into all aspects of our employee experience:
- We do the right thing
- We do what we promise
- We commit to shared success
- We pioneer
What do we offer in return?
- Professional Development Support – further education, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training including LinkedIn Learning and SkillSoft.
- Up to 2 weeks additional purchased annual leave.
- Salary packaging including novated car leases.
- Generous parental leave entitlements.
- WellbeiNG Program.
- Employee Incentive Program.
- Employee Discount Program.
Note: As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, as such your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: