Manager Aquatic Leisure Centres
DUBBO REGIONAL COUNCIL
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
For more information about DRC, please refer to our DRC Information Package.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
Manage the operation of the Dubbo Regional Council Aquatic Leisure Centres, including developing programs and services that will respond to the needs of the residents of Dubbo Regional Council within the designated budget.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Engage with stakeholders and develop close community relationships
- Develop Aquatic programs and services to meet community needs
- Lead, coach, mentor and work with a diverse team
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Tertiary or Diploma qualification in Sport and Recreation Management or Business/Management or Certificate IV in Sport and Recreation or equivalent industry qualification
- Extensive experience in an aquatic or recreation management role including capability in strategic planning, developing and reviewing business plans and plans of management, financial management and budgeting, contributing to the development of master plans and asset management plans.
- Pool Operations Certificate (Aquatic Technical Operator Skillset) (or ability to obtain within 3 months of commencement of employment)
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills that promote high team performance, with the ability to coach, mentor and manage staff
We are looking for an experienced and qualified person in business and/or recreation management who has demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to drive high performance. You will be able to balance managing day to day operational matters whilst also contributing to the development of business and management plans. You are experienced with building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and delivering exceptional customer experience outcomes.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
This position requires a Working With Children Check.
Please note that given the seasonal nature of the role extended periods of leave will be expected to be taken during the off season and shut down periods.
Salary: Total Remuneration Package $106,505 to $144,095
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 12 April 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Director Liveability, Skye Price on 6801 4400
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume and copies of applicable qualifications.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.(Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: