Proposal Manager - Grants
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia's leading defence and aerospace exporter.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
About the Opportunity
The Proposal Manager - Grants is responsible for all aspects of grant management across the company. Federal and State Governments have introduced numerous grant mechanisms to develop and grow Australian defence industry and Australia's broader manufacturing industry. As Australia's leading defence industry exporter, EOS is growing and will continue to grow its manufacturing capability. In this role you would be tasked with sourcing grant funding opportunities and writing proposals. You would work closely with senior executives and managers to understand the needs of the organisation, identify capability/skill gaps and identify opportunities to close them. Your primary duties will include:
- Understand the business needs of the company and identify capability/skill gaps.
- Research, identify and communicate potential government grant opportunities.
- Develop and submit effective grant proposals based on organisational requirements.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Assist in coordinating Defence Innovation Hub proposals and other business development proposals as required.
To be successful in the role you will be detail oriented and work collaboratively with others. You will be able to demonstrate:
- High level written communication skills and the ability to communicate in various writing styles.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills to meet often competing deadlines.
- Experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in managing a grants portfolio
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
You must be an Australian Citizen eligible to obtain and maintain Australian Government security clearance.
To learn more about EOS employment opportunities, please visit:
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: