Electrical Mechanic (Electrician)
Engineering / Technical
1454085 GE.C6.GEA_Lvl_2_Field_Service_Rep_Defense.pdf (PDF, 157KB)
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
We are seeking an Electrician to support satellite communication antennas and other equipment as a part of the Maintenance and Support Services team located at our Darwin site.
- Perform planned maintenance and inspections in accordance with work schedules.
- Repair, refurbish or replace defective components and perform corrective maintenance activities as required to promptly restore operational availability of equipment.
- As part of a multi-skilled team, provide general electrical support to site facilities and infrastructure.
- Implement continuous improvement by monitoring the condition and operational performance of antennas, collecting technical data and evaluating maintenance procedures.
- Use of computerised maintenance management systems to accurately record maintenance activities.
- Technical or trade qualification in an Electrical field and hold a Australian “A” Grade electrical license (Instrumentation qualification and/or ACMA cabling registration advantageous)
- Three (3) years' post trade experience as an Electrician in a site services, facilities or industrial maintenance role.
- Experience in basic computer use, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to use initiative, prioritise and work within defined timeframes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to WH&S and workplace diversity.
- Physical capacity to undertake manual labour, ability to work in confined spaces, at heights, and outdoors.
- Desirable certifications and licenses: low voltage rescue, forklift license, elevated work platform license, confined space, construction induction (white card) and current NT Driver's License
- Suitability to work in a high security environment
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet Australian Government security requirements. You will be required to successfully undergo an Australian Government positive vetting (PV) security clearance. You MUST be willing to disclose all required information and MUST have the ability to verify your background for whole of life (i.e. birth to present time).
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We encourage movement within the organisation; our aim is to nurture our employees and help them reach their full potential.
- Flexible working options
- Salary packaging
- Study assistance
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: