Support Pilot - Rov
- Great Work/Life Balance
- Permanent Full Time Position
- $80, 859.00 + Super
This role will be a dual office and field-based role. They will be expected to assist other ROV Pilots with field-based operations (as below) when required and also complete office / workshop-based activities including safe job planning, equipment and vehicle inspections / maintenance, document review, and alteration (as below). The role will be based in Shenton Park although they may be asked to perform regional inspections away from Perth for up to 5 days in a row.
What the role will involve:
Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) Operations
- Participate in performing ROV activities in accordance with Water Corporation’s operational procedures and standards.
- Assist in setting up digital imagery software and customised computer databases to record internal camera imagery.
- Collect inspection information from the field within the required quality.
- Assists with job planning to achieve ROV inspection works in the field.
- Responsible for maintaining ROV’s and associated equipment to a high standard.
- Assist in performing routine maintenance inspections of ROV’s and associated equipment as per operational procedures.
- Assisting in the diagnosis and fault finding of ROV’s and associated equipment as required.
- Participate in performing various NDT techniques such as Ultrasonic Thickness (UT) and Pulsed Eddy Current (PEC) as required.
- Responsible for maintaining NDT Equipment to a high standard.
- Survey assets using standard Digital GPS survey equipment
- Responsible for obtaining, storing, and handing over high-quality inspection data with other teams.
- Provide data input to ensure the on-time and effective ROV and associated equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for data security and back up for works carried out as per procedures.
- Support other stakeholders for data inquiry and technical advice.
- Works with other parties including alliance and external contractors in the delivery of ICA projects.
- Carries out civil operational tasks to enable inspection works as required. These tasks include, but not limited to, location of underground services, spotting for excavation and hot works, removal and repair of pipe coating, removal and repair of pipe sections and fittings.
- Adheres to site notification, CSE, CTW, LOTO, Excavation, Prevention of Falls and other WC procedures as required.
- Ensure that all relevant permits and isolation handovers are adhered to as per Water Corporation policy and procedures.
- Participate in section safety initiatives including team meetings, JSEA preparation, workplace inspection and hazard identification and control.
- Responsible for personal safety and cooperates with their team leader in the carrying out of employee responsibilities as defined in the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984.
- Relevant experience with ROV operations and/or NDT techniques.
- Relevant experience with asset condition assessment techniques
- Relevant experience with water supply infrastructure
- Experience in IT based data management systems.
- Current Heavy Rigid Driver’s License.
- Current High-Risk Work License.
- The Australian Institute for NDT (AINDT) recognised NDT qualifications.
- Current Forklift License.
- Current Confined Space Entry, Working at Heights, Prevention of Falls Qualifications.
Applications close 19th April 2021
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please .
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: