QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, is a consulting and engineering services provider, giving independent and trusted advice to Government, Defence and Industry. Our success is founded on the industry-leading knowledge, integrity, performance and dedication of our people. Even though we are part of a global company, our offices have a very local feel; we employ more than 380 employees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Western Sydney and Melbourne.
An opportunity exists for a Systems Administrator Level 2/3 within our ITC Division, located in our Melbourne office.
QinetiQ is a company of scientists and engineers committed to listening, understanding and responding to our customers' needs. In Australia, we offer engineering and management advice and services across the land, aerospace and maritime sectors. We partner with customers to provide unbiased and bespoke engineering and design solutions and support the acquisition and operation of critical capability. Supporting our work is our Corporate Services division; the oil in the QinetiQ machine.
The purpose of the position is to design, install, administer, and optimise Microsoft Windows-based servers and related storage components to achieve and maintain high performance of business applications. You will also be involved in the maintenance of video conferencing systems, as well as the leadership and management of the QinetiQ Service Desk Function. As Systems
As Systems Administrator Level 2/3 you will be responsible for:
- Provide Tier 1 level of support to internal and external employees by taking ownership of incidents and requests and properly escalate unresolved incidents to the next level of support.
- Responsible for administration and management of telecommunications (mobile & desk phones) and hardware assets between office locations.
- Resolves all Level 2 support tickets. Covers the Level 1 support when needed.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analysing workflow, access, information, and security requirements.
- Configuration, Administration and Management of Network Switches, access Points.
- Responsible for desktop support across all QinetiQ sites, and the ability to perform basic network administration skills in switching.
- Upgrades hardware equipment by developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Monitors network performance, capacity, log files and troubleshoots then reports on issues to management.
- Uses performance monitoring tools to aide in resolution and ensuring maximum performance of the network.
- Maintains documentation such as architecture and procedures.
- Support of the QinetiQ Firewall, Firewall rules Antivirus software
To be successful for the role of Systems Administrator Level 2/3 you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology with an additional 3 - 5 years’ experience.
- Able to work in a high pressure environment and balance competing priorities
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of Cisco and HP switches, Microsoft office suites, Active Directory and Microsoft Windows Exchange
- Significant experience in network and systems administration.
- Ability to educate and support internal stakeholders.
- Is able to explain complex and technical information in user friendly language.
- CCNA or higher (Experience with Cisco, HP switching)
- Good understanding of networking technologies such as VLAN, SVI Routing, Trucking, Port Channels)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Solid experience in system upgrades and procedural documentation.
- Experience handling issues related to server software or hardware.
- Proven ability to resolve internal stakeholder issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and builds rapport across all levels of the business.
Applications close on 7th June 2019
Eligibility to obtain an Australian Government secret clearance is required.
What we offer
Without the collective smarts of our people, we would not be able to achieve what we do. The importance that we place on each and every employee shows in the working environment we offer: We value everybody’s contribution; we encourage innovation, diversity and development; we empower people to challenge themselves and the status quo; we foster growth, both personally and professionally. We look after our people and have an attractive compensation package which supports all our employees through different stages of their careers, some of these include:
- Individual Professional Development Allocation
- Flexible Working
- Salary Continuance (Income Protection)
- Up to 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Study Leave (Up to 5 days paid leave per year)
- Leave PurchaseandLoyalty Leave
- Performance based rewards
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
- Referral bonuses
- Dress for your day
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits