Boeing RIV Site - Brisbane City, QLD
About Boeing Defence Australia
As part of the global Boeing Company, Boing Defence Australia (BDA) employs over 2000 people at 14 sites across the country. We deliver world-class, innovative solutions for the support, maintenance, modification and upgrade of Boeing and non-Boeing aircraft; military aircrew training design and delivery; and the design, development and support of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, and Electronic Warfare (C4ISREW) solutions.
BDA's Sustainment Operations Business Unit is responsible for delivering world-class through-life sustainment support solutions for military platforms in order to maximise operational readiness while reducing the cost of ownership, including sustainment support for the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) fleet of AF/A-18A and AF/A-18B (Classic Hornet) aircraft. The program has an integrated Commonwealth and contractor workforce, led by Boeing Defence Australia, and is currently seeking applications for the role of Classic Hornet Program Manager.
Reporting to the BDA Sustainment Operations Director, the Classic Hornet Program Manager, is accountable for the successful delivery of services to the customer, and for the leadership and delivery of the Classic Hornet platform level services including maintenance, logistics, and engineering and support activities. The role is a key member of the Sustainment Operations Leadership Team, and is required to liaise with customers at all levels both internal and external to Boeing.
As a key senior leadership role, the successful applicant will possess the following attributes:
- High level communication and negotiation skills to facilitate open interaction between the customer, other industry partners, support agencies and key internal and external stakeholders.
- Be an advocate for diversity and inclusion, and team orientated, influential and likes a challenge;
- Outcome focused and demonstrates strong values-based leadership
The RoleResponsibilities will include:
- Lead, develop and engage employees and management teams in alignment with Boeing Behaviours and Enduring Values;
- Strong leadership and effective management to ensure the co-ordination and prioritisation of program requirements
- Identifying and meeting customer's requirements, building productive relationships and taking responsibility for customer satisfaction.
- The timely distribution of technical and business reports to the leadership team and customer.
- Building a business culture to promote employee engagement and retain a skilled and motivated workforce.
CriteriaThe successful applicant will have:
- Extensive project management knowledge and demonstrated experience in delivering successful programs;
- Extensive and relevant experience in an engineering or aircraft technical environment, preferably with the Classic Hornet experience;
- Tertiary qualifications and experience in Project Management;
- Leadership experience within a matrix organisation (desirable);
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
BDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment. For all of the Boeing Company's 160,000 people around the world, we offer outstanding benefits, flexible working arrangements and a supportive workplace.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, based in Williamtown, please click Apply now. -